LDAP users can not create initial profile

LDAP users can not create initial profile

by Jesse Cain -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I have noticed that if I create an LDAP account and then log into Moodle with that account I can log in but all I get is a page that states "Sorry, you cannot edit own profile". It has a continue button but clicking it only reloads the page stating that you can't edit the profile.

If I then log in as an admin, it has a blank line in the users list, If I click the settings on that it shows me the LDAP account that tried to log in and I can add First name, Last name and email address. Then if I log in as the regular LDAP account I can see a regular student account and take courses and such.

What would I need to do to get Moodle to populate those values from LDAP so that all we have to do is create the LDAP account and the person could login and take courses?

Also, can I remove email address as a required field?

Using Moodle 3.1 on Ubuntu 14 LAMP server

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jesse Cain

Re: LDAP users can not create initial profile

by RTR Admin -

Your enrollment methods have to be reconfigured. Have you activated and properly configured the LDAP enrollment method? Have you move the LDAP enrollment method to the proper location on the priority list? Please let me know.

In reply to RTR Admin

by Jesse Cain -

Here is a screen shot of what I think you are referring to

Moodle Manage Authentication screen shot

In reply to Jesse Cain

by Jesse Cain -

RTR Admin,

The LDAP Auth is working. As stated in the issue, I can log in with LDAP credentials only it will not auto populate the fields first name, last name and email address.

If I populate those it works just fine.