User tours not displaying user navigation

User tours not displaying user navigation

by Martin Aarhus Gregersen -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I recently installed the User Tours plugin for our moodle installation in coherence with a co-worker of mine. Today she noted that the navigation that is intended to show during a user touring the plugin, does not show up at all.

That means that the users are left with a page that highlights a given element but with no possible means of interacting with and/or removing the highlighted box. Essentially they are stuck in a forever-tour sort of mode.

Has anyone else experienced this and what seemed to be the fix?
I already tried inspecting the source and seeing if I could find the navigation bar and CSS them into existance, but they don't appear to even be there.

I am running: Moodle 3.1.1+ (Build: 20160817)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Aarhus Gregersen

Ang: User tours not displaying user navigation

To anyone whom might be able to assist with this issue this is what it looks like:

I am wondering if it perhaps could be a theme choice of ours that is messing with the installation, and making it unable to display as intended.

Re: Ang: User tours not displaying user navigation

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you tried switching to a core theme? E.g. clean? Just to see what happens....

In reply to Howard Miller

Ang: Re: Ang: User tours not displaying user navigation

Hey Howard!

I was actually just about to post another 'answer' here as I thought of that myself: YES, it does exist in a different theme.

Do you have any clue on how to code support for local user tours in a custom theme?

Just completely hipfiring a presumption here I would think that the navigation elements are just hidden/shown using js/jQuery and are attached to the elements via css selection, which can all be deduced from a different theme.

I have found the Moodle Doc to be somewhat missing - is it possible to find documentation for adding theme support for the plugin?

Re: Ang: Re: Ang: User tours not displaying user navigation

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You'd be better asking the person who wrote the plugin. He may well be happy to help.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Ang: User tours not displaying user navigation

Makes sense!

Thanks Howard.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to get in touch with him, seeing how his plugin is listed on this website.

Re: Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Ang: User tours not displaying user navigation

by Howard Miller -

There's a comments thing in the plugin page and you could also go to the Github page and add something to Issues.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)