Bluehost broken images and resources

Re: Bluehost broken images and resources

by Rodrigo Cervantes -
Number of replies: 4

Hi. I have the same problem running Moodle 3.1 on Bluehost Cloud Hosting Performance plan (4GB, 4 cores). We had a surge on the user activity 4 days ago, so the server was struggling. While waiting for advice from bluehost support I tried some tweaks only within Moodle (i have no access to configuration files like php.ini).

One of the things i tried is running cron manually, since the the cronjob scheduler was not working. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but since the broken images have a link like     maybe one of the tasks did a cleanup on draft files.  

As of the performance issues, Bluehost advice was to buy an additional 1 GB of RAM and 1 core. For the moment we bought the RAM, let's see how much it helps.

In reply to Rodrigo Cervantes

by Hossam eldin Reda Ibrahim -
Hello,

So far I don't have a performance issue.

But am sure it's a security issue, as I tried different compainations one of them worked and I got everything back perfectly.

Then two days I got it lost again!!!!I don't know what's happening.

In reply to Hossam eldin Reda Ibrahim

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
are you using SSL certificate?
In reply to Hossam eldin Reda Ibrahim

by Rodrigo Cervantes -

I found why broke our Moodle:  the "site caching" option in Bluehost's cpanel.  I activated that option trying to improve performance and that's what made images and documents dissapear.  As soon as we turned that off, everything went back to normal: very poor performance but with all the media back again.

In reply to Rodrigo Cervantes

by Hossam eldin Reda Ibrahim -

Hi,

Good for you.

But this is not my case as i dont have varnish under my subscription.

Running on permission path, i tried with bluehost support all permission compinations from 700 to 777, with no luck.

Any clue.