Moodle Lesson not allowing students to review?

Moodle Lesson not allowing students to review?

de Jason Hogan -
Número de respuestas: 3

Hi, 

We have a Moodle Lesson (Moodle 2.5) set up that allows students to go through the lesson module and receive a grade, it's also been set up so that students should be able to review the lesson after they've completed, such as if they want to use it to study. 

These are what we have set up in the settings: 

Allow student review: yes; provide option to try a question again: yes; maximum number of attempts: 1;

But when previewing the course as a student enrolled in the class who has completed the activity I am not given the option to review the lesson 

You are not allowed to retake this lesson

Any idea why this might be the case? 

Thanks

Promedio de valoraciones:Useful (1)
En respuesta a Jason Hogan

Re: Moodle Lesson not allowing students to review?

de Stan Klapauszak -

Jason - although a relative newcomer myself, I think the problem lies with the parameter "Retakes allowed" which you have set to "No". If you set this to "Yes", the student will be able to take the lesson many times, and Moodle will record the mean of the scores as their grade.

Now - I'm not sure that what you really want is to allow the student to fully retake the lesson (e.g. answer each question again). But I haven't found a way for a student to simply review the content while skipping over the questions - it seems every question page absolutely requires a response in order to proceed. If you find a solution to that problem, I'd love to hear it.

Stan

En respuesta a Stan Klapauszak

de Aleksandra Kho -

Dear Stan,
Thank you so much for your advice about “Retakes allowed”! I’m a novice too. My problem is that while creating a lesson I can’t review it or test it more than one time. Allowing retakes temporary solves this problem, but I don’t know what to do when I’ll need to forbid retakes… triste In any case, in my opinion, it’s not wise to forbid teacher or admin to retake/review lesson…
Do you have this problem? Do you know how to solve it?

About your question (review content while skipping questions). How about making to lessons – one is for practice (without real grading), and one is for grading? A practice lesson allows retakes, while a grading lesson doesn’t.

Best wishes,
Aleksandra.

En respuesta a Aleksandra Kho

de Stan Klapauszak -

Aleksandra

If it's only teachers, admins and course creators that need to "retake" lessons, they can always do that through the "edit" function, even if you have "no retakes" set. They're not really retaking the lesson per se, but they can see (and edit) the pages and questions, and isn't that what they really want anyway? I don't know why you would want teachers / admins / course creators to actually retake a lesson in the same way that a student does.

As for my problem, it doesn't seem to matter whether there is grading or not, Moodle still forces the user to answer every question every time a question page is encountered, before it will allow you to proceed to the next page. And, since I have ~20 courses, each in 3-5 languages, creating (and maintaining) an entirely duplicate set of courses just isn't practical. But thanks for the idea.

Stan