Design: Courses list with images

Design: Courses list with images

by marwa bekrar -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all, 

I am currently trying  to make each course in the "courses list" appears with an image. I desire a result like this (where each course has an image) : 

But once my list contains more than  10 courses , Images disappear  and I get a simple list (as shown in the following image):

The image corresponding to a course appears only when I click on the exclamation icon. I thought if I change courses "appearance" settings to 10 courses per page, it would resolve the problem but it didn't. Even with 10 courses by page; if there are more than 10 courses , I keep getting a simple list (see image bellow): 

How can I resolve this problem?  Is it comming from Moodle or from the theme I am using? 

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to marwa bekrar

Re: Design: Courses list with images

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

And this is a feature of the theme you are using? Or perhaps of the version of Moodle your site runs on?  Or is it an attempt by you to find how to stretch the capabilities of Moodle? 

One way would be to design and implement a theme that does this. Another would be to consider where you want this course list to appear. One way would be to develop a course that is open to anyone, that is accessible from the front page, that contains this list in a page where it would be simple to scroll down. Each image and descriptor would be linked to the course itself. Another way would be to create a HTML page that can be linked to via a HTML block. Your page would have whatever you want in it for users to access. If you want the list on the Front Page, then use the ability of the Moodle to put a single column table into the area where the course list is usually available, in the Site Admin > Front Page > Front Page Settings menu.   Uncheck the Front Page and Front Page when logged on items, then you can fill it with whatever you want. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to marwa bekrar

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You're on the right page -  go to your Admin Block - Site Admin - Appearance - Courses

There is a setting "courses with summaries limit" -- what is yours set to? This should be the number you want to increase *it is 10 by default*

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

by marwa bekrar -

Thank you John, this is what I was looking for