Restriction and Student ID #

Restriction and Student ID #

by Cristine D -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,  If anyone is able to assist, would greatly appreciate it!

We currently have 4 Module courses in our Moodle Training Platform and we're currently running 2.8.5+ 

We're hopping to implement quizzes at the end of each Modules, but we're also wanting to put a restriction so that students are required to achieve 100% in Module 1 before being able to progress on to contents of Module 2 etc. So i'm basically wanting to block out every content apart from module 1 until desired grade is achieved. 

Also, we're wanting to have auto generated student numbers of at least 6 digits. So every time someone signs up, Moodle would be able to auto generate the student their 6 digit identification number. 

Are these possible? If so, can someone please give me instructions on how I can set this up on our Moodle?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Cristine

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cristine D

Re: Restriction and Student ID #

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What, in Moodle terms, is what you are calling a 'Module' is this a Moodle Course?

Is the 'ID Number' what they would use to login or something else?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Cristine D -

Sorry. Module is moodle course. 

The ID numbers wouldn't be a username to use as a login. It's basically a student number. When they sign up, they would be assigned a 6 digit student number - We want moodle to auto generate this number. 

Cristine 

In reply to Cristine D

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You probably want to have a look at Restrict_access_settings. Unfortunately, you can't restrict the access to a whole course. 

There is an 'ID number' field in user profiles but no way to fill it automatically. If you have access to some developer resource it wouldn't be a particularly difficult thing to write.