ATTO Editor More Font Colour display not showing in Adaptable Themes

Re: ATTO Editor More Font Colour display not showing in Adaptable Themes

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Richard,

I saw this comment here last night but was too tired to check it out, but boy am I glad I did today!

The problem is an Adaptable one ONLY as far as I can see. It stems from this particular CSS in Adaptable/style/menu.css where the min-width is 250px

https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_adaptable/src/f3cf46e353839f7b89d584c83348024f870cc1ca/style/menu.css?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#menu.css-85

It appears that the More Colour Font plugin is geared up to use the width that Moodle has as default and so has set this in the plugins style.css

.atto_morefontcolors_button .dropdown-menu {
    min-width: inherit;
}

On top of this, it looks like Adaptable has set another CSS fix for ATTO with this CSS...

.editor_atto_menu .open ul.dropdown-menu {
    min-width: 3.5em;
}

https://bitbucket.org/covuni/moodle-theme_adaptable/src/f3cf46e353839f7b89d584c83348024f870cc1ca/style/adaptable.css?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#adaptable.css-795

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Mary, all you say was discovered when this issue raised in March. This Atto plugin uses the default style instead use its own. That is a bad practice because you relay all the styles to bootstrapbase and the theme the site uses. If some theme uses a different style or bootstrapbase changes in the future, the plugin breaks and this is what happened in this case.

So I repeat again. It is an Atto issue, not related to Adaptable.

Since the patch provided works, then the issue is fixed and solved.

If you take a look to the repo, we are updating it every day and you can see the issue was fixed 2 days ago. So it is not available in the stable version.

And yes, I still think Atto is crap that should be removed from the editors.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's defiantly NOT an ATTO bug, as it works in Clean & More themes. It works in my Morecandy theme too. But it fails in Adaptable.

I suspect too that it will work in Essential, but I have not tested it yet.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I have and it does

Tested:

Clean - OK

More - OK

Flexibase - OK

Pioneer - OK

Snap - OK

Essential - OK

Adaptable - FAIL

Therefore an Adaptable issue, regardless of what Fernando thinks of ATTO as an editor - But I'll stay out of that debate as i have my own views, both on ATTO itself and on the comments made and have no desire to prolong this discussion.

BUT - its already fixed in Adaptable, just waiting to be released, so really this is a dead topic, as it is already fixed in the theme, where the issue is.