Moodle 3.1 - Assignment submission status query

Moodle 3.1 - Assignment submission status query

by Ajit . -
Number of replies: 3

While looking in mdl_assign_submission, I noticed that records are created for some users only, who have not yet submitted anything, with status="new".

For others who have also not yet submitted, there are no records at all.

For ex. if there are two students, both of whom have not submitted an assignment, one of them might have a status=new and the other may not have any record in that table.

(The other status' are self explanatory)

Can anyone please provide some details on the assignment status/workflow for 3.1 (I couldn't find anything in the docs) or point me in the right direction.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ajit .

Re: Moodle 3.1 - Assignment submission status query

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would suspect that maybe the ones showing that status have started to submit or have submitted and then deleted for example.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ajit . -

Thanks, Emma. That was my guess too. The 'new' status is only for users who have clicked on the assignment link (but not uploaded anything yet). This appears to be a new status and wasn't there in version 2.7

I don't think students are allowed to delete after they have submitted.

BTW - do you know how one can go about contacting the assignment module developers or opening a ticket. I had reported another assignment-related issue (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=338038) but did not get any replies. Kinda surprised that no one else is affected by it.

In reply to Ajit .

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

tracker.moodle.org is used for all bug reporting.