How to customize the dashboard drop down on the upper right?

How to customize the dashboard drop down on the upper right?

by pete moodle -
Number of replies: 6

Hello!

I want to get rid of messages and preferences in the drop down:

Is it possible because I don't see an option to do that?

And how about the preferences page. How do I get rid of the Miscellaneous block? Or at least customize the links in this block? Sorry about the quality of the pic:

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to pete moodle

Re: How to customize the dashboard drop down on the upper right?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. Perhaps you'd like to start a separate discussion for changing the links in the MIscellaneous block so we can keep this discussion just focused on the dashboard menu, as you refer to it, and which is known as the "user menu" . You can change what is seen there from Site administration >Appearance>Themes>Theme settings where you will see a box 'user menu items'. You can remove the items you don't want.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by pete moodle -

Thank you, this is helpful.

In reply to pete moodle

by Debbie Kay -

Hi

I am trying to do this in 2.6.11 but there is no 'user menu items' available in the Theme Settings.

Is there another way or does this mean a problem with my upgrade I wonder?

In reply to Debbie Kay

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The user menu didn't appear until Moodle 2.8 so you won't see it on your 2.6 version.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Debbie Kay -

Can i ask how to add things to the 'user menu' dropdown?

I have upgraded to 3.0.6 and want to replace the new 'dashboard' with (the old) 'my courses' link.

Thanks!