doing internal and external enrollment

doing internal and external enrollment

by Mike Tupker -
Number of replies: 3
Here is the problem. We are getting our enrollment data from a database, however there are situations where we need to be able to manually add a student to a course without adding them to the database. The kicker is when the enrollment script runs, it removes anyone from courses if the database says they shouldn't be in the course. I would prefere that students not be able to enrol in courses buy clicking on them, which is what happens when internal enrollment methods are turned on.

The last thing I was wondering about was, is it possible to deney teachers from controlling enrollment in a course. This last part is is meaningless unless I can get the multiple enrollment problem fixed. Anyone have any ideas on this. I know its a strange problem but I would appriciate any help.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Tupker

Re: doing internal and external enrollment

by Martín Langhoff -
Just been talking about this a couple days ago... Does this help?

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=33534
In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Mike Tupker -
Yep this is what I've been looking for. However, our moodle install is running on a windows machine and I don't have easy access to cvs. Is there a downloadable module available or planned in the near future?
In reply to Mike Tupker

by Martín Langhoff -
The open source world tends to have really good support for legacy platforms... so there are good CVS clients for Windows too big grin

This is a development version, however, and not ready for end-users. Contact me via email, we may be able to prepare a backport of it to 1.5.x