Integrating the Moodle Games plug-in with the quiz module.

Integrating the Moodle Games plug-in with the quiz module.

by Devin Black -
Number of replies: 3

I am wondering if there is any way to integrate the Moodle Games plug-in with the quiz module.

For example, I'd like to make a crossword puzzle question in a quiz.

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Devin Black

Re: Integrating the Moodle Games plug-in with the quiz module.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The short answer is no, and the slightly weasily answer is this screen shot of a question I just created using my own Gapfill question type.

It is a bit of a fiddle but I had never done it before you asked your question so it is not wildly difficult. You might also be able to do this with the core Cloze question type, but the text would probably be a bit ugly.

You can attempt a quiz with only this question in the Gapfill question type course in it over at 

http://questiontype.co.uk/mdl

username

student

password

test

Attachment xword.png
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This is very cool Marcus smile

Can you please post your code for this crossword in the documentation page at https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Gapfill_question_type#Gapfill_crossword ?

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Germán Valero

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

An excellent idea German, I have done that now. When I next come to revise the question type I will consider how the creation of crosswords could be made easier and the results to look better.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)