Upgrading to 3.1, problems with ddtwos and gapselect

Upgrading to 3.1, problems with ddtwos and gapselect

by Scott Brim -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all. I have a problem with residue from gapselect, which used to be in additional question plugins that were incorporated into the main distribution in 3.0. I've ignored the problem until now (I was getting around to it, honest) but I'm trying to do a complete replacement, from 3.0.5 to the latest via github, the upgrade process wants to update ddwtos, and it isn't happy with what it finds in the database. This is what I get:

This is a test system so I can hack away at it to figure out how to get things right. I have moosh installed but I've never used it. I tried moosh plugin-uninstall qtype_gapselect and got the same database problem (Table mdl_question_ddwtos already exists). I could also just back down to the moodle I have and run git pull, but I would like a clean install this time. Help, please.

Thank you ... Scott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Brim

Re: Upgrading to 3.1, problems with ddtwos and gapselect

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

We can't see the "This is what I get:" bit, which makes it rather hard to comment.

You should not need to uninstall anything. Just make sure you have all the Moodle 3.0.5 files, then run the upgrade.

Some things to try:

• Verify that none of these question types (e.g. question/type/gapselect) are listed in .git/info/exclude.
  • Verify the output of git status at the top level of your Moodle install.
In reply to Scott Brim

Re: Upgrading to 3.1, problems with ddtwos and gapselect

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There were a few of us that had this issue.  For me, the solution was to delete out the old question type folders and rename the tables so that the upgrade did not then recognize them.  This allowed the upgrade to proceed as normal. Then check for data in the new tables - if it is not there, go ahead and replace them with the old tables (making sure first that the tables have the same structure).  Of course, backup before every step to be safe!!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)