Re: Getting the H5P plugin on to the MoodleCloud

by Jamie Billingham -
Number of replies: 5

Yes!

In reply to Jamie Billingham

by Ruan Botes -

Hi 

I saw the comments on H5P is quite dates. Is the H5P plugin available for Moodle cloud yet? I have used a range of different tools i.e quizzes and so forth but I like what H5P can do with those. 

If this is available could someone tell me how I get it onto my Moodle? I have checked the plugin and I cannot see any H5P on there. 

Thanks

In reply to Ruan Botes

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The H5P (version 1.7 2018012200) plugin is installed by default in the free (Moodle 3.3.5) sites available at gnomio.com !

From https://www.gnomio.com/ plugins description:

"For security reasons you are not allowed to install your own themes and plugins nor have access to the database or the filesystem but feel free to suggest anything you like and we will review it. If it is of general interest and well maintained we will install it for all users.

WARNING: In your site you can find many some additional Moodle plugins, but most of them are initially disabled. If you decide to activate and use any of them you must understand that these plugins are not official components maintained by Moodle.org. The developers could abandon them at any time.

After an update you may discover that an unofficial plugin is no longer available or it does not work properly.

You can distinguish which are the unofficial plugins by looking at
    Home / ▶︎ Site administration / ▶︎ Plugins / ▶︎ Plugins overview "

In my free site there it showed:

gnomio installed additional plugins

I would love more the free Moodle Cloud hosting if it had more freely available additional plugins !
In reply to Germán Valero

by Ruan Botes -
Hi

Thanks for your reply. So just to check I have H5P plugin already in my

moodle cloud sight?

Thanks

Ash

On 20 March 2018 at 18:20, Germán Valero (via Moodle.org) <
In reply to Ruan Botes

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

No you don't. While they are both free packages where all the set up work is done for you, MoodleCloud and gnomio are different. MoodleCloud is the official hosting package from Moodle HQ, whereas gnomio is managed by another company (I don't know whom.)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ruan Botes -
Hi Mary

I see, thanks for your response.

Ash

On 21 March 2018 at 01:43, Mary Cooch (via Moodle.org) <noreply@moodle.org>