Glossary entries deleted when making a duplicate/backup

Glossary entries deleted when making a duplicate/backup

by Claudine Crews -
Number of replies: 2

I have been trying to copy a glossary I want to reuse, rather than having to retype the entire thing. I have tried using the "Duplicate", and all I get is a second glossary of the same name, but all words are gone; it is empty. I then tried to import the glossary to a different course. Same thing, all entries deleted. So then I did a backup of the glossary, downloaded it, then restored. Again, all entries are gone, the glossary is empty. Everything else seems to duplicate perfectly. 

I am brand new to Moodle, using 3.1 and the Essential theme. What am I doing wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claudine Crews

Re: Glossary entries deleted when making a duplicate/backup

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You'll  need to export the entries from the original glossary and import them into the new glossary - look at the sections on importing and exporting in the documentation Using Glossary

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Glossary entries deleted when making a duplicate/backup

by Claudine Crews -

Thank you. I spent hours trying to figure out where this option to import was located. I can't believe I overlooked it. This worked perfectly.