Glossary entries deleted when making a duplicate/backup

Glossary entries deleted when making a duplicate/backup

د Claudine Crews لخوا -
د ځوابونو شمیر: 2

I have been trying to copy a glossary I want to reuse, rather than having to retype the entire thing. I have tried using the "Duplicate", and all I get is a second glossary of the same name, but all words are gone; it is empty. I then tried to import the glossary to a different course. Same thing, all entries deleted. So then I did a backup of the glossary, downloaded it, then restored. Again, all entries are gone, the glossary is empty. Everything else seems to duplicate perfectly. 

I am brand new to Moodle, using 3.1 and the Essential theme. What am I doing wrong?

د درجې بندۍ اوسط:  -
In reply to Claudine Crews

Re: Glossary entries deleted when making a duplicate/backup

د Mary Cooch لخوا -
د Documentation writers انځور د Moodle HQ انځور د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Testers انځور د Translators انځور

You'll  need to export the entries from the original glossary and import them into the new glossary - look at the sections on importing and exporting in the documentation Using Glossary

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Glossary entries deleted when making a duplicate/backup

د Claudine Crews لخوا -

Thank you. I spent hours trying to figure out where this option to import was located. I can't believe I overlooked it. This worked perfectly.