by Denis Noctor -
Number of replies: 5

...and finally

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Denis Noctor

Re: Deploying SCORM in Moodle | problems with responsiveness

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

Thanks for sharing this Denis. Since you based your code on Moodle 3.1+ (Build: 20160701), there are some tweaks that needed to be made to bring it up to to the 3.1.4 LTS release. I've included a git patch file for those wanting to test it further. I'm going to give this a go in our staging environment and see how it runs.

So far it seems to work but I've noticed that the Adapt framework text Scorm package I'm using doesn't report back to the LMS until the window it is in is closed. This is likely to cause issues since I think most people using Safari won't explicitly close the tab, unless there is a built-in 'exit' button that closes the tab itself?

I'm not quite sure what the usage model will be there, as I'm not sure how many users are comfortable with tab management with Safari on iOS.

Denis, have you had a chance to test out SCORM progress saving with this? We may have to play around with the auto-commit option, but I guess this is dependent on the SCORM package itself.

In reply to Mathew Gancarz

by Mathew Gancarz -

I tested with the Articulate 360 Rise sample course (Health & Wellness) also, completion was not tracked until I explicitly closed the new window that had been opened in Safari.

by Mathew Gancarz -

Though I can confirm that atleast for the Articulate 360 Rise package, setting "Auto-commit" to "Yes", under the SCORM "Compatibility settings" category does properly track completion even when the person has not yet closed the tab in mobile Safari.

Though I could still see some confusion if learners have multiple activities to do in a course and there is no clear 'exit' button at the end of the module that closes the window for them.

by Denis Noctor -

Hi there Mathew, I agree this solution may not be ideal solution for some. One of the reasons I spent some time on this was because I wanted to get away from the "iframes" to give my SCORM packages a better look and feel. As a result when building my SCORM packages, I added a "fixed position" (floating) menu at the top of all my pages which didn't previously work on ios devices but yes it is important that certain functionality is added.... for example when publishing a SCORM package... in my case with Lectora, settings need to be set "Open in a new window" (in the Lectora program). I have an exit button on this menu that when pressed will trigger 2 actions (1) Target: AICC_Lesson_Status, TYPE: Set Equal to , Value: completed,
(2) Exit / Close. I do know that if a Lectora Publish SCORM Package is published to Open in the SAME window and configured in Moodle to open up in a New window... it does not work. Yep, I agree that it is important that the end user has as fluid an experience as possible. In what I have done in my examples everything seems to work fine... i.e. click on activity, opens in another window... complete activity, click submit... window closes and redirects user back to the the course page. Percentages were reported back as normal. I will take a fresh look at this tonight, I could email you a simple SCORM package from my side and you could send me an articulate generated package and we can compare notes. Hope this helps.

In reply to Denis Noctor

by jorge bg -

Hi Denis 

Thanks for all your work on https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-46563

Im very surprised because moodle cant use simple pop-ups to scorm packages just like TOTARA do.... Do you know if there is some chance moodle will integrate this simple pop-up on core?

Regards,