Upgrading from Moodle 2.5.2 to 3.1.1 Need Help! Upgrade not recognized

Upgrading from Moodle 2.5.2 to 3.1.1 Need Help! Upgrade not recognized

by Sigrid Green -
Number of replies: 3
Hello I'm upgrading from Moodle 2.5.2. I followed the steps on Upgrading Moodle.  https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Upgrading
The problem I'm having is that Moodle does not recognize the upgrade. When I go to notifications it does not say that "your moodle files have been changed and will be upgraded".  What could be causing Moodle to not recognize the upgrade.   I my hosting provider Just Host and they walked me through the process in File Manager. We backed up the config.php file, moodledata, and themes. Not sure if it has something to do with my theme or if something is not right with the server.  Can you assist?  My Notifications only state the new versions of Moodle that are available.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sigrid Green

Re: Upgrading from Moodle 2.5.2 to 3.1.1 Need Help! Upgrade not recognized

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The upgrading page you are referring to says that you have to upgrade to 2.7 first

In reply to Marina Glancy

Re: Upgrading from Moodle 2.5.2 to 3.1.1 Need Help! Upgrade not recognized

by Sigrid Green -

It doesn't say that when I click "Notifications" in the admin panel it does not give me a message that the upgrade was accepted. A screenshot of what is currently displaying in "Notifications" is attached. Why is Moodle not recognizing the upgrade.

Attachment 2016-09-05_8-54-50.png