Bypass Theme Selector menu

Bypass Theme Selector menu

by David Challoner -
Number of replies: 4

I have recently updated Moodle to 3.1.1, unfortunately it seems that the essential theme has caused an error which is preventing the LDAP connections working correctly (at least I hope that is what is causing the error).  I understand that essential is no longer supported and have installed adaptable, however I get a Fatal Error: Call to undefined function theme_essential_get_setting() from line 37 of essential renderer.php when I try to change the theme using the theme selector.  Which field in the database do I need to change to set up adaptable as the theme rather than essential?

As a point of note I have tried deleting essential and then going to theme selector and get the same error noted as coming from essential's renderer.

Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Challoner

Re: Bypass Theme Selector menu

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Gareth just released a 3.1 version yesterday, have you tried upgrading?  If you have issues with the web installer, you might just need to download and manually install on the server.  

If you decide you want to uninstall anyway, I would try upgrading first just to see if it clears the errors and then uninstall through the web interface.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by David Challoner -

Emma,

Thanks, but a bit of a doh moment.  I've been using BCU, which isn't supported and my brain is a little fried and hadn't noticed that it was the essential theme throwing the error back and not the BCU one.

I still got the error with essential, but one I deleted essential it solved the problem.  That show's I should have read the error message and thought about it more carefully.

Dave

In reply to David Challoner

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

When upgrading to M3.1 did you upgrade Essential theme to its M3.1 version too?

Cheers,

Gareth