Phonegapbuild not working on Mozila Firefox

Phonegapbuild not working on Mozila Firefox

by santosh Suwarnkar -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I have downloaded the Phonegap build from Github:

https://github.com/moodlehq/moodlemobile-phonegapbuild

Set up it as per moodle mobile documentation, but Its working fine with chrome but with Mozila firefox its shows following errors

1) Its status is loading

2)  $mmInitDelegate: Error while calling the init process 'mmEmulator'. TypeError: $window.webkitStorageInfo is undefined

Please help me to fix these issues. Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to santosh Suwarnkar

Re: Phonegapbuild not working on Mozila Firefox

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

you must use Google Chrome or Chromium browser, the app is not going to work in Firefox (and is not intended to do it).

What are the reasons you want to use Firefox?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by santosh Suwarnkar -
Hi Juan,

Thanks for reply, 

The app that we are using is the Public domain app. As we will not have any control on which browser user will be using, we wanted to have pp compatible with all browsers.

Santosh. S

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

unfortunately Moodle Mobile is not a web app, you can't use it in any browser, you can consider to package it as a native application using NW.js or Electron

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by santosh Suwarnkar -

Thanks Juan,

As you said Moodle Mobile is not a web application. But it should redirect for appropriate page after installed on Android mobile using phonegap development environment. I have followed all the steps for phonegap integration with moodle but the application does not redirects to any page in provided sites page .

It is showing only loading page, as per my understand the repository is wrong or something else I am using the following repository

https://github.com/moodlehq/moodlemobile-phonegapbuild

Regards,

Santosh

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand the problem you are experiencing, is if a different issue please open a new post with a detailed description of what is happening

Juan