Enrollment button missing

Re: Enrollment button missing

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is that not an auto enrol link?  What are you using for enrolment?  Built in self enrolment?  A plugin?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Keenan Simpson -

Hi Emma,

I upgraded from moodle 3.1 to 3.4 and have noticed that i'm unable to use the enrol button for courses. 

By default the front page role is set to "authenticated user" as we configured various groups according to our employees and clients.

I see the self enrolment is setup as default "client role", how do i set the enrolment for "authenticated users" on the site or is there a way i can manually register users for courses.

Note!!!

When i edit certain users' profile, it display course details but there are other users that doesn't display any courses configured under the same group. I don't think it's a permissions issue as everyone got the same rights. I think it might be something to do with registering for a course.

Regards,

Keenan 

Attachment settings.png
Attachment settings2.png
In reply to Keenan Simpson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The self enrolment for client role is telling you the role that they will be added to the course with, not the role that they need to use the enrolment method.  Authenticated user just means that the user is logged in to the site - it is not a course specific role.  As an admin, you won't see the enrolment button as you have access to every course - you need to log in as a user that is not enrolled in the course to see the button.  Also, you need to check that the enrollment method is active for the specific course in course admin/enrollment methods settings

It sounds like maybe you have set up your users in cohorts, in which case you might want to look at cohort enrollment which allows you to add a whole group of users to a course.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Keenan Simpson -

Thanks for the prompt response. 

In my case everyone has access to every course, but it doesn't display on one's profile due to the user is not registered for a course yet.  

If i need to add an entire group (bulk users) or per user to courses - as in auto enrollment for all users, how do one do that? In the site itself or mysql would be helpful. (automatically register a user upon course access or view)

In reply to Keenan Simpson

by Emma Richardson -

If you want them to decide whether to access the course or not, then self-enrollment is the way to go.  They just click on the enrollment button. 

If you want them to just be enrolled in every course, then you need to enroll them in the courses.  There are some plugins that do automatic enrolling or you can use cohort enrollment etc.  Take a look at the enrollment plugins too - there might be something there that will work better for you.

You can always have them see a list of available courses by editing the front page settings.