Enabling PHP OPcahe in Wamp 64

Enabling PHP OPcahe in Wamp 64

by Fola Akinfe -
Number of replies: 5

Morning All

New to this  forum and semi to Moodle.

Recently downloaded Moodle 3.1 on a standalone computer using git to Wamp server 64.

Stage reached: request to enable PHP Opcache. Tried it, but the command box came up with the message below:

Sorry, The 'php opcache' extension cannot be loaded by 'extension=php_opcache.dll' in phi.ini. Must be loaded by 'zend extension=' .

switch cancelled

Please any advice on what to do next would be deeply appreciated. If feasible and you have a lot of patience, a detailed list of what to do, would be appreciated. I.e where, what and why.

Thanks you in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fola Akinfe

Re: Enabling PHP OPcahe in Wamp 64

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am presuming that this is just a server to test on.  Opcache is not required - I would just skip it.

In reply to Fola Akinfe

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

+1 

It doesn't make much difference until you start to crank up the load on the server. 

However, a very quick Google of that message (Google is a well known search engine evil) turned up, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28899673/enable-php-5-5-opcache/38731699

In reply to Howard Miller

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Fola - this is just a quick message from me to say I did get your comment on my blog so I don't want you to think I am ignoring you, but I don't actually know anything about installation and technical stuff like this so I'm sorry I can't help -but these people on here are experts so you are in safe hands smile

In reply to Fola Akinfe

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Fola, if this is test environment, then using Windows Installer package could have given you all things ready, even opcache, is  there specific reason to install Apache separately and pulling moodle from git?

In reply to Usman Asar

by Fola Akinfe -

Hi Usman,

Thanks for the feed back. Initially,  I read that using Git means that I would be able to recieve all the Moodle updates. Semi skilled,  so decided to follow instructions from a youtube Vid. But I go stuck at that stage. 

However, I am aware of the windows installer version, would it be advisable to unistall WAMp and Git and use that instead? 

Your feedback would be appreciated 

Fola