Moodle Online User

Moodle Online User

by Mary Nemati -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

One of our staff who was managing the Moodle left few months ago and her account has been disabled in active directory, but her Moodle account is still enabled and every time that we log into Moodle, her user is online and running constantly. We cannot figure out what activity or task is running under her Moodle account that keeps her user online all the time.

Any suggestions that where we can find more details of what exactly a user runs or does in Moodle?

thanks,

Mary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Nemati

Re: Moodle Online User

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Try the activity logs, that might be a good place to start. The inactivity limit should log the user out automatically, but it is possible that she has altered permissions on her account to not limit a period of inactivity. While this can be a handy tool for admins to do for themselves, if they are constantly in and out of the Moodle, saves them constantly logging in and out, it does have a draw back, as you may have found.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Mary Nemati -

Thanks for your suggestions Colin, I did resolve the issue. The problem was RSS feed in external sources that were running under her account by using her security key. I did change the security key of RSS feed to mine and it resolved it.

Thanks,

In reply to Mary Nemati

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Wow, never considered RSS as a factor before, but now it seems obvious. Thanks Mary, always learning something new.