Will users loose work if site is put into maintenance mode

Re: Will users loose work if site is put into maintenance mode

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

As has already been suggested ... non prime time, but make it known to all users that such maintenance is necessary and will happen at 2:00AM (if that's when you schedule it) everyday - period.  Not responsible for lost work during the scheduled maintenance window time frame.

The sensitive things would be DB backup as well as an rsync of data directory.   The code directory backup could be made at any time ... it should be static stuff ... ie, the same files.

'spirit of sharing'. Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: Will users loose work if site is put into maintenance mode

by Junior Stormes -

Thank you for your response.

This is only my second week on the Moodle.org site, but very thankful for all of the information that users have posted.

I thought users would probably loose something, but I was not sure if the database would be storing any information at the time the site was put in maintenance mode. Thought or (hopeful) it might keep values for next login. I have installed many Moodle sites but I am wanting to increase my knowledge as to how Moodle interacts with the database. Still learning there as well. MySQL.

We have about 15,000 users and we are currently trying to communicate and establish scheduled maintenance times.