Email-based self registration

Email-based self registration

by Reza Dan -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

When people self register, a notification email is not sent to admin to confirm their registration. How can email notifications be enable? I am using Moodle 3.0.

Reza 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Reza Dan

Re: Email-based self registration

by Just H -

The email to confirm doesn't go to admin it goes to the user; the main idea of this authentication method is to remove admin intervention.

If you really want admin to have to confirm an account based on self registration there is a plugin here that looks like it will do the job (I've never used it or looked into it before). No idea if it will work on 3.0.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Reza Dan

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I always use self-registration.  If I want to know who succeed thus far, I go to each course and look at participants.  I just did this for four courses, a total of around 150 students.

Out of the 150 students, maybe four or five needed my help (for some reason, they didn't follow my directions or the confirmation email never made it to them.)

One student had problems because she google searched "moodle" and was trying to log into some other moodle instead of mine.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Shannon Kramer -

Hello,

I'm having difficultly getting self-registration to work. The "Create New Account" button is not appearing.

Help!

Shannon

In reply to Shannon Kramer

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Do you know if your moodle has "enabled" self-registration?  It might be turned off.