course completion of course grade condition

回應: Re: course completion of course grade condition

by Anderson Hsu -
Number of replies: 4

Dear Scott, 

But we setup the condition as shown as : course is complete when ANY of the conditions are met, does it mean the two condition of Condition:Course grade or Condition:Manual completion by others, just one of the two condition met, and then the course will be finished. 

Is the setting of course completion suitable or not ? Thank you.

In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: 回應: Re: course completion of course grade condition

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I suspect the better question is: Is it working?  And it sounds like it isn't.  Maybe it is the Course grade condition (which sometimes prevents completion for no reason I can figure out).  Maybe it is the Manual completion and maybe it is something else.  I never use any...I always use all and specify what I must have complete. 

Since you have it set any, perhaps the teacher can try to check completion (I've never had success with this, but I haven't put much time it in, honestly).

First, I'd follow Mary's instructions and make sure the sync is set up properly.  When the sync's not happy, no one is.

Second, wait for it to actually sync (or manually run one--I can't reliably give instructions on that; I think it is yoursitename/admin/cron.php  but it does require admin permissions).

Third, if the sync hasn't resolved the problem, remove one condition at a time to see if it helps...so remove the grade condition and save, see if it syncs properly.  If not, then turn the grade condition back on and remove the Manual Completion option, see if that works.  I wouldn't turn off the activity (resource) completion, because that is the whole point. 

In reply to Melanie Scott

by lebo sekele -

Good day Melanie Scott

I too need help with course completion with course grades. I asked our hosting company to create a cron job on the server. Calculate completion data is on never and ASAP. Please find the attached image of my settings and course completion block.

your help will be much appreciated.

Attachment completion.jpg
In reply to lebo sekele

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If calculate completion data is set to never, it is probably a problem.  THE problem, in fact.  Because if it never calculates completion data...well, no one will ever get credit.  Those are settings I don't mess with much; I'm pretty dangerous in those areas. smile

I think this might be a scheduled tasks area if you have administrator privileges on your site (Administration->Site Administration->Server->Scheduled tasks).  I'm including a picture of what mine looks like.Server Task Schedule

I'm not saying this is the best way, but it is MY way.  If I remember right, it is supposed to calculate every 5 minutes.  I think it may only calculate every 10...but it seems like the back end admin has something set for cron processing.  You might check your host and ask how often the cron runs (if it does...and to run it automatically if it is not currently running).

In reply to Melanie Scott

by lebo sekele -

Good day,

Please see, the cron job settings my hosting company made. I have changed Calculate completion data to */1

one more thing do you maybe know why my `modl_course_completions` is not being updated?

Attachment 6.PNG