Manually Marking Activities Complete as a Manager Role

Manually Marking Activities Complete as a Manager Role

by State of Colorado Colorado -
Number of replies: 5

I am trying to manual mark a course complete  for a student.  In order for the course to be marked as complete the student must complete 3 activities (scorm files) and score a 70% on the quiz.  Once all 3 activities are marked complete the course is marked as complete.  I as the administrator of the site, and as the manager of the course am able to mark the course complete, however when i run a report for the cohort that this individual is a part of, the course does not mark complete.  

How do I manually mark a course complete for an individual so that when I run an "activity completion report" for a specific cohort, it shows the individual has completed the course?  

I have changed the "course completion" settings, and am able to mark the "manager box Complete, but it does not mark the course as complete.  

Completion Rules

Here you can see I manually marked it complete. 

But when i run a Cohort report this individual does not show that the course is completed.  

Please help! i am lost.

Thanks in advance. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to State of Colorado Colorado

Re: Manually Marking Activities Complete as a Manager Role

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Does the answer to 'Students have completed the criteria but the report does not show it' in Course completion FAQ help at all?

In reply to Helen Foster

Hello Helen,

Thanks for the response.  It is set to update every minute so that does not appear to be the issue. 

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Looks to me like you have two different course reports up there, and by different course reports, I mean reports from two courses:  one that allows you to mark them complete and one that requires the completion of three scorms and three required readings. 

The first report shows the only requirement is that you, the manager, must check it complete (sounds like a lot of work to me) and nothing else.  This means you must peruse the grade book and ensure all is completed and then mark them complete...somewhere.  I've never had luck with that setting (haven't spent much time with it...just enough to turn it on, decide it wasn't doing what I wanted and to turn it off...oh, and tell teaching staff to not mess with it).

The second report shows six requirements for completion; there may be more, but the image cuts off.  The reading assignments require the staff member to check that they have completed it.  I *think* the scorms are set to self check when completion criteria is met but the pic is a little small.  At any rate, they are checked. The issue may be that you just need to give completers better instructions (please check the box to acknowledge you have read this policy/document/etc).  Not that people read directions...

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you run a cohort report.  What types of reports are you using (standard Moodle, adhoc, configurable...)?

Running a Moodle site for a state government is so fun, isn't it?  I do the same for Kansas (well, one big 5000+ employee department, not the whole state! That would suck.).

In reply to Melanie Scott

Melanie,  

it is a good time I must say it stretches my abilities.  

I have figured out how to manually mark an entire course complete but what I need to be able to do is mark individual activities such as a SCORM as complete under a manager role.  The reason for this is we have agencies that offer different modalities for training and some people tack a training in a face to face setting instead of through moodle.  The agency lead wants to be able to go in and give those individuals credit.  

I am yet to find anyone that can help or knows how to manually mark activities complete with a manager role.  

by Henry Quinn -

Has anyone figured out how to mark a SCORM activity as complete?

I need to do this urgently but I can't find any way to do it.

I've even tried modifying the database table "course_modules_completion" with the proper values for "userID" and "coursemoduleID", but the module still doesn't show as being complete.