Admin block? does not appear for students

Admin block? does not appear for students

by Paul Ritchings -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have recently added the Mobile Notifications Plugin to our site. 

In the documentation I find this:

Push notifications need to be enabled by a site administrator and configured by users in their messaging profile settings (Administration > My profile settings > Messaging).

I have logged on as a student but cannot find the Admin block.  I have search for a setting but still not found it. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Ritchings

Re: Admin block? does not appear for students

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Paul,

I am wondering if you are looking at the documentation for an older version of Moodle? The up-to-date documentation Mobile app notifications reads "To receive these notifications you need to enable them for your mobile on the main site, from the user menu top right > Preferences > Messaging."

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Admin block? does not appear for students

by Paul Ritchings -

Thanks Helen,

We are on Moodle 2.9 for the site in question. 

In the documentation for 2.9 I found:

Push notifications

Push notifications are all notifications related to the messaging system in Moodle, such as notifications of instant messages, new forum posts, submitted assignments etc.

Push notifications need to be enabled by a site administrator and configured by users in their messaging profile settings (Administration > My profile settings > Messaging).

On the frontpage when logged in as a student the admin block does not appear.  On courses it does appear but only contains a grades link.

I will, between other things, continue to search for this.

regards, Paul.