Choosing a course date before making payment

Choosing a course date before making payment

by Lisa Walker -
Number of replies: 0

Hi.

I've been going around in circles trying to figure this out and hoping someone out there might have a solution that I haven't thought of!

I have a number of 1 day courses set up on my Moodle site.  We'll be running these 1 day courses regularly and need users to be able to see available dates, choose a date and then make payment for the course (probably using Stripe, possibly PayPal).  What's really important for me here is that learners can see available course dates before making payment, so they avoid paying for a course and then finding out that there are no convenient dates for them to attend, or that the courses are all booked up.  A waiting list option would be a nice-to-have, but not essential.

So far the only solution I can see is to set up separate courses for each session, so for example

• Level 1 Health and Safety 05/09/16
  • Level 1 Health and Safety 12/09/16
  • Level 1 Health and Safety 19/09/16
  • ...and so on, grouping them in a "Level 1 Health and Safety" course category for browsing convenience.

But if possible I'd like to avoid replicating the whole course each time we need to add a new course date, and just have a single "Level 1 Health and Safety" course with multiple groups joining for each scheduled session.

I've looked at plugins like Booking, Face-to-Face and Group Choice, but as activity modules the user would need to pay to enrol on the course first, then book a session or choose a group after enrolment.

Is there any way I can avoid creating a separate course for each session?

Average of ratings: -