Allow students to view Feedback analysis page without submitting anything

Allow students to view Feedback analysis page without submitting anything

by Dominic Rafferty -
Number of replies: 0

Hello all,

I am assisting a course in which we are using feedback somewhat 'off-label'- the idea is to use it to facilitate a peer-review activity. We have students giving presentations, after which the other students in the class submit their reviews via a feedback activity. As such, we expect submissions from all students except the one that is presenting.

We want the lecturers to be able to see who submitted which comments, so we choose to log user names. In order to maintain anonymity amongst students, we have disabled the 'view reports' permission for students, so they can see the analysis page (after submitting), but cannot go to the responses page where the user names are visible.

The presenting student is given a local custom role assignment ('presenter'), which is identical in all permissions to the student role. However, we would like the users with this role to be able to go straight to the analysis page without having them submit anything. Ideally we would be able to disable the 'submit a feedback' permission for the presenter role. Is there any way of doing this?

I'm actually not sure which version of moodle we are using as I can only access the system from the user side, however I believe it is 3.0.x

Thanks in advance

Dominic

Average of ratings: -