Problems with HTML Editor, some questions...

Problems with HTML Editor, some questions...

by Raul Garcia Canet -
Number of replies: 6
Hi ,
I have upload my Modle in a hosting (not free) and everything, good works to me correctly, almost everything...
The problem is that the HTML Editor does not see, I only see a simple box but do not appear the bars of tools of the editor and although if I put code HTML interprets it correctly, it is an annoyance for the person who is to write you texts, because they don't know HTML. 
The peculiar thing of the case is that in the left side of the edition box seems, like here, the link "About HTML Editor", when click on it,  says to me in forward edge: "Availability: The HTML editor is available ".
What it takes to me to think that is a problem of the server is that in my localhost works correctly and I exactly have the same folder of moodle, with such archives, with such directory and everything, everything, exactly just as in the server.
The server has the following settings, according to phpinfo():
- PHP Version 4.3.10 - Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora)
           Load Modules:  mod_cern_meta Core prefork http_core mod_so 
           mod_access mod_auth mod_auth_anon mod_auth_dbm 
           mod_auth_digest mod_include mod_log_config mod_env
           mod_mime_magic mod_expires mod_headers mod_usertrack
           mod_unique_id mod_setenvif mod_mime mod_status mod_autoindex 
           mod_asis mod_info mod_negotiation to mod_dir mod_imap
           mod_actions mod_alias mod_rewrite mod_suexec mod_cgi
           sapi_apache2 mod_ssl - Libreria GD version 2.x
- session.bug_compat_warn --> On (This is what it worries to me, but I have proven it in the premises also and it has not passed anything, the publisher works perfectly)
- Additional Modules( it can be interesting) sysvshm (i d0n't know what is the function of this module.
In addition:
- there are no blank lines in config.php
- I have version "1.60.2.6 2005/10/24 14:11:30" of the file htmlarea.php
- the Javascript works because ued to use collapse of blocks (+ and -)
- Lanhguage ( I have read about this question in the Spanish forums) it is not either, because in both sities (server and local) I have only Spanish and in the premises it works correctly but in the server no.
- it is not memory problem Either (memory_limit)
- mmmm... have left something to review I?

I don't know what is the problem, somebody that has some idea?
I have an apache server in localhost and that has never passed me and the possibilities have been exhausted me.
As I have already commented to you, the problem must be of my hosting, but I do not know that to request to my supplier of hosting to solve the problem.
Thanks for your aid.
Greettings.
J. Raul.
P.D: Excuse me my level of English.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raul Garcia Canet

Re: Problems with HTML Editor, some questions...

by Janne Mikkonen -
Can you access your htmlarea.php file directly via URL like http://yoursite.domain/moodleinstalldir/lib/editor/htmlarea.php ???

- Janne -
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by Raul Garcia Canet -
Hi Janne,
Thanks for your answer.
Yes, I can access. When I try to acces to htmlarea.php appears the save dialog asking me If I want to save, to open or to cancel operation.
Is this normal?
In order to try, I mark "Save". When I download the file and open it in my desktop I can see an strange line at the top of file:
"<b>Warning</b>:  ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used after 'mb_output_handler' in <b>/web/sites/293/juagarc4/www.apromur.info/lib/editor/htmlarea.php</b>; on line <b>8</b><br />"
Do you know the reason of this?
I'm desesperated.
Thanks for all.
J. Raul.

by Janne Mikkonen -
In that case "ob_gzhandler" seem to be the problem!

Open the htmlarea.php (from your server) and comment out ( or remove ) these lines at the top of the file:

if ( function_exists('ob_gzhandler') ) {
    ob_start("ob_gzhandler");
}

Clean your browser cache and try if it works...

- Janne -

by Raul Garcia Canet -
Hi Janne,
Thank you very much!!!!! risa
The problem has been solved. When I've made the actions that you've indicated to me, the publishing HTML has appeared.
Once again, thank you very much.
Only one question more, if you allow me...
What actions make this function?
Thank you very much by everything.
Greetings.estupendo
J. Raul

by Janne Mikkonen -
ob_gzhandler is compressing htmlarea.php file, thus giving it a bit faster loading time ( aprox. 2500 lines of javascript in that file ).

- Janne -

by Raul Garcia Canet -
Hi Janne,
Ok, Thanks!! guiño
J. Raúl.