Changing course heading to something else.

Changing course heading to something else.

by Steve Edwards -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Moodlers:

I would like to use Moodle as a sort of interactive blog and so would like to change the heading "courses" to something like "Topics". Is this possible? Not too difficult?

thoughtful.gif

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Edwards

Re: Changing course heading to something else.

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Possible, and not too difficult. biggrin.gif

Log in as an admin, then go to Administration -> Configuration -> Language -> Compare and edit current language, search for every instance of the word "course" in the middle column and change it to "topic" in the right column.

Note that in order to make the right column editable, you will need to chmod the php files in the /lang/en/ folder of your moodle installation so that they are editable by the web server process (eg apache). Of course if you are using language(s) other than english, you will have to do the same in the appropriate language folders.
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Just one thing more - this may take you an hour or more, so it might be tempting to download all the php files from /lang/en/ and run a search-and-replace on them, but I don't think this would be a good idea, because search-and-replace will replace the word course also in the names of the variables, which would mean problems. blackeye.gif wink.gif
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Steve Edwards -

Przemyslaw,

Thank you.  That worked well and was not too hard. wideeyes.gif

Like you said it takes a while - I did almost try and edit them offline.. but thought....again.

Anyway I can do a module a day for a well balanced say....