Database Storage Engine - upgrade 2.6.11 - 3.0.5

Database Storage Engine - upgrade 2.6.11 - 3.0.5

by Jesus Padro -
Number of replies: 1

I am in the process of upgrading from 2.6.11 to 3.0.5. During the initial verificatin stage, I see the Database Storage Engine no longer supported message. When I log into mysql and perform the show engines command I see the following;

mysql> SHOW ENGINES;
+--------------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| Engine             | Support | Comment                                                        | Transactions | XA   | Savepoints |
+--------------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| FEDERATED          | NO      | Federated MySQL storage engine                                 | NULL         | NULL | NULL       |
| MRG_MYISAM         | YES     | Collection of identical MyISAM tables                          | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| CSV                | YES     | CSV storage engine                                             | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| BLACKHOLE          | YES     | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write to it disappears) | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| MyISAM             | YES     | MyISAM storage engine                                          | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| InnoDB             | DEFAULT | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys     | YES          | YES  | YES        |
| ARCHIVE            | YES     | Archive storage engine                                         | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| MEMORY             | YES     | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for temporary tables      | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA | YES     | Performance Schema                                             | NO           | NO   | NO         |
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Within the details above it shows INNODB as Default but I still get the Storage Engine not supported.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jesus Padro

Re: Database Storage Engine - upgrade 2.6.11 - 3.0.5

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

So it appears ... but ...

It's usually recommended to upgrade to the highest in the current series then upgrade to X.

Moodle 2.6.11+ was the highest available in that series.
Min. Requirements: PHP 5.3.3, MySQL 5.1.33

Moodle 3.0.5+
Min. Requirements: PHP 5.4.4, MySQL 5.5.31

You've not mentioned version of MySQL.

If you upgrade the MySQL make sure you run mysql_upgrade as super user.

Also, is the DB server localhost or is it a remotely hosted DB server?

'spirit of sharing', Ken