uploading courses

uploading courses

by Linda Emler -
Number of replies: 4

I am hoping someone can help me as I know nothing about csv is there another way to add lessons I have a lot to add and with out knowing how or exactly what csv is it is next to impossible I am running moodle 3.1.1

I like this site cause it has lesson locking and a few other features I have been looking for is there perhaps a plugin that will help me or maybe if anyone knows of a program that will convert my files to what I need with now I have txt. and rtf files any help at all would be great

If this is posted in the wrong area I am sorry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Linda Emler

Re: uploading courses

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Linda and welcomesmile

Perhaps if you can be a bit clearer about what you want then we can help you more precisely. Do you mean that you have course materials in text or rtf and you would like to upload them? See the documentation on File resource Or alternatively if you are new to Moodle you could first checkout  the Teacher quick guide

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Linda Emler -

I have flies for lesson the I have written myself and I need to upload them I have tried everything I can convert to csv, not convert drag and drop upload to files everything and I keep getting a message file can not be accepted is there a way to upload simple files a lot of them

In reply to Linda Emler

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OK - you don't need to convert anything to csv -you can use regular Word files (for example) but you are uploading them to the wrong place. From your message you seem to be trying to upload them into the course summary box, which is just for an image to display to show off your course. You need to scroll down from that page, save and display and then add your files from the main course page. See

AND

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Linda Emler -

Thank you so much this was a big help I had a feeling we were trying to put things in the wrong area now hopefuly I can do this again thank you