I have been working less and less on the 'mod_certificate' module (in fact I have pretty much abandoned it and only fix critical bugs) and most my free development time when not working on core is spent on the 'mod_customcert' module. They are two completely different modules so can both be installed on your site with no problems.
Please see https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=229683 for more information as to why I started a new module. Please note that discussion is quite old and a lot has changed (for the better! - such as dragging and dropping elements on the custom certificate to reposition them) since then.
I am planning on adding improvements this week (see https://github.com/markn86/moodle-mod_customcert/commits/master) and would love to have more people using it and providing feedback/bug reports etc. If you do find a bug please report it to https://github.com/markn86/moodle-mod_customcert/issues.
To download it go to https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_customcert or just use git.
Hey guys, have released a new update.
Some of the new features include -
- On the repositioning elements page you can not only drag and drop elements on the certificate you can also click on them, opening a dialogue, which allows you to change their attributes on the fly (such as font colour, size, text).
- Inplace editable for editing element names (https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Inplace_editable).
- Global search support (https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Global_search).
For 3.1, 3.0 and 2.9
- Added background image element making it much easier to create a nice looking certificate quickly without worrying about the image dimensions (it will automatically scale to the size of the PDF).
- The report now allows you to sort via the student's firstname/lastname as well as the day the certificate was received.
- Before when downloading the certificate it was assumed you wanted to download the certificate for the currently logged in user - now you can download the certificate of other users on the report page.
- Easier navigation to the manage site wide templates page (link shows on course certificates if you have permission).
- Language string improvements.
- Bug fixes.
Looking forward to more and more people using this module and reporting bugs/suggestions I can work on.