When making changes in a question text, the system doesn't update it and text stays the same (Moodle version 2.9.1).

When making changes in a question text, the system doesn't update it and text stays the same (Moodle version 2.9.1).

by Sergio Gómez -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there!

When I create a question and try to change the text I entered because I realize I've made a mistake, the text stays the same and the item is not updated.

This is random as some of the corrections do show up but other don't, and one correction that was displayed one minute, is not displayed the next.

Help!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sergio Gómez

Re: When making changes in a question text, the system doesn't update it and text stays the same (Moodle version 2.9.1).

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It looks like caching has not been set up correctly. Moodle caches need to be shared between all the different web servers in a cluster. Under Admin -> Plugins -> Caching -> Configuration, check the settings for the Question definitions cache.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: When making changes in a question text, the system doesn't update it and text stays the same (Moodle version 2.9.1).

by Sergio Gómez -

Thank you very much!