SCORM Notice popping up

SCORM Notice popping up

by Whitney Lowe -
Number of replies: 6

I keep getting this notice popping up in some of my recent SCORM modules that were built in Articulate Storyline:

SCORM notice

I have no problem with the internet connection here. Any idea why this  is popping up?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Whitney Lowe

Re: SCORM Notice popping up

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
SCORM requires a reliable stable connection - the SCORM player makes regular checks to see if it can communicate with the Moodle server - when this communication fails (or is too slow) it will throw that error. It happens a lot on flakey wifi or with intermittent 3G access.
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Whitney Lowe -

Thanks Dan, just wanted to make sure there wasn't some setting error on this end that was producing it. 

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Whitney Lowe -

Is there anything else we can do about it on this end? We are getting a bunch of irate users trying to get through our courses and I don't know what else to tell them. 

In reply to Whitney Lowe

by Whitney Lowe -

Any chance that a newer Moodle upgrade (3.0?) would fix this issue?

In reply to Whitney Lowe

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

if you're using an old version of Moodle that hasn't been updated to the latest stable version of that release (I hope not) - in particular any version prior to 2.7.8 or 2.8.6 then we found this check was a little more aggressive than it needed to be and adjusted the values. If you are already using a Moodle version higher than those numbers it's not a problem with "Moodle" - it's a problem with your hosting/network or the users local connection. many areas of Moodle will function fine on unreliable or slow networks... unfortunately SCORM is not one of those.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Whitney Lowe -

Very good to know about these updates. Thanks so much for the insight Dan!