increase upload max size in fileupload moodle app.

increase upload max size in fileupload moodle app.

by Eduardo Araujo -
Number of replies: 5

Hello! when a try  up files over 300mb by phone in ASSIGN but the application crashes and closes. anyone have a solution?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Araujo

Re: increase upload max size in fileupload moodle app.

by Manjunath Moodle -

Hi Edurado,

Are you getting this error after increasing the 'Maximum uploaded file size' in the Site policies settings?  

If not, below is steps to increase the upload file size limit at site level (in Ubuntu 14.04) 

1. Open /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini & change following attribute values to your desired size limit

around line # 673 -  post_max_size = XXXM         (like post_max_size =300M)
             around line # 805 -  upload_max_filesize = XXXM

2. Restart apache  - sudo service apache2 restart

3. Go  to Site -> administration -> Security -> Site policies,

change the value of 'Maximum uploaded file size'  attribute to your new value

In reply to Manjunath Moodle

by Eduardo Araujo -

Hello!, thanks Manjunath, but i need to increasing in moodle mobile.

In my web site i did it and are working fine, but in app when i try to upload a file with more than 20mb the application crash.

In reply to Eduardo Araujo

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Eduardo,

which device and OS are you using? Do you have available space in your phone? Which upload method are you using (photo albums, camera, File, ...)?

Also, when does the app crash exactly? This is the exact process of attaching files to an assign:

1. In the assign, click "Edit submission".
  2. Click the "Add file" button.
  3. Select how you want to upload the file: photo albums, camera, etc.
  4. Record or select the file.
  5. Back in the list of attachments (where you clicked the "Add file" button), click "Save".

Can you please tell me in which step is the app crashing?

Thanks,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Cássio Queiroz -

Hi Daniel, im working with Eduardo and he asked me to explain our problem to you.
Answering your questions:
- We are mostly using Motorola X and IPhone 6 (Android 5.0 to 6.0 And IOS 9)
- Yes we have enough space

The crash occurs in the file option which only appears on Android devices, we do the process as you're saying, and it crashes after we select a file from our phones, the app starts reading the file and then crashes. 

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the bad english.

Cássio.