Next button gone after upgrade

Next button gone after upgrade

by Inter Jos -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I just upgrade from Moodle Moodle 2.9.1+ (Build: 20150711) to Moodle 3.1.1+ (Build: 20160817)

After the upgrade the 'Next'  button in the Quiz gone. (See fig. 1 - in moodle 2.9.1)

what I do see is the finish attempt button (fig. 2 - same page but after the upgrade in moodle 3.1.1)  

but that only gets me to an empty summary of attempt.

so the anwers I gave to the quiz are not saved at all.

any idea on this?

thanks,

jose

Attachment fig.1.jpg
Attachment fig.2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Inter Jos

Re: Next button gone after upgrade

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The next button has not gone. The button is exactly the same, in terms of function. When you click it, the answers will be saved. The only things that changed was the text on the button (from 'Next' to 'Finish attempt...') and where it was positioned on the page.

(This was supposed to make the quiz easier to understand. We weren't trying to confuse people.)

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Next button gone after upgrade

by Inter Jos -

Hi Tim,

thanks for your response. Yes indeed, I can see it now,

I did not see it properly because I made a core adjustment in the previous version which was gone after the upgrade. 

(skipped the summary page) After I did the adjustment again, the button 'finish attempt' works as expected.

thanks!

jose