New assignment preview shows blank page

New assignment preview shows blank page

by Chris Pratt -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all

Recently upgraded to Moodle 3.1.1 (Windows 2008 and MySQL) and installed LibreOffice, unoconv etc to allow previewing and annotation. First test with .docx and .pptx submissions only show a blank page within the browser. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Pratt

Re: New assignment preview shows blank page

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is it the right version of unoconv? I know there have been some issues with unoconv on Windows -for example -MDL-54948

I presume you already checked through https://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_unoconv#Installing_unoconv_on_Windows ?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Chris Pratt -

Hi Mary

We have version 0.7 installed and it turns out that wasn't the issue. It was permissions related. I ended up making IIS APPPOOL\vle a member of the local Administrators group just to see if it was a permissions problem and it started to work. The odd thing is once removed from that group (and a server reboot later) it still works! So I'm guessing a one-time change needed to be made by whatever process to get it to work.

We now have another problem where I can't seem to view beyond the first page of a submission. Also the buttons on the page (change the layout, collapse review pane, expand review pane etc) don't appear to work. The page itself also doesn't look like the rest of our Moodle site (using Essential theme).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

In reply to Chris Pratt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Might be worth changing to Clean to see if it is an issue with the Essential theme (which I don't really know much about.)