Theme Essential: How to change the size of the course area

Theme Essential: How to change the size of the course area

by Alejandra Nucette -
Number of replies: 11

Hi there,

I'm using Essential  3.0.1.7 in Moodle 3.0.4+ (Build: 20160510). After the most recent update the course area became quite small, as more space seems to be dedicated to blocks. Is there a way of maximising the size of the course area leaving only one column of blocks on the right?

The picture attached shows how my course page looks at the moment. 

I'd appreciate any feedback on this issue, as I really think there's no point in having all that white space.

Thanks!

Alex

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alejandra Nucette

Re: Theme Essential: How to change the size of the course area

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

with editing ON you need to move all your blocks to the far right.

Turn editing OFF and page should resize.

What is the URL of your site, then I can take a look?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Alejandra Nucette -

Hi Mary,

I had tried that already but didn't work (see picture below). The URL of my site is http://myonline.phoenix.wa.edu.au/course/view.php?id=331

Thanks!

by Just H -

Gareth is already all over it like a rash cool

See here and looks like he's already worked his magic and fixed it as per here so a little patience and all well be well again.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's not even the Essential theme, as your site shows the theme to be called phoenix_red

In reply to Mary Evans

by Alejandra Nucette -
The current theme is phoenix_red, but I've been developing the new courses using Essential (you can see how it looks like by adding ?theme=essential) 

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What are the values of the 'layout' and 'pagewidth' settings for the theme please?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Alejandra Nucette -

Hi Gareth,

The pagewidth is set as 'Wide' and the standard course layout for that theme is both block columns on the side. is that what you meant?

by Mary Evans -

I am just wondering if the problem is how you have set the course summary page as that does look squashed up.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Alejandra, that is what I meant smile.  A fix is on the way, just testing now.

by Jeremy Luedtke -

Good morning all,

I am running Moodle 3.1.1+ (Build: 20160728) and updated to the latest Essential 3.1.0.7 (Build: 2016061706) (2016061706). After the update I have achieved the same problem as Alejandra...

ILTKOLC

I also have page width set to wide and use two columns.

This only happens inside a course and not on the Home page, category page or any other admin page.

Thank you so much in advance for your assistance!