Help! How to do Topics format without any other info.

Help! How to do Topics format without any other info.

by Elizabeth Tinius -
Number of replies: 9

Hey all!  I need help.  I want to format my course home page so that it only has topic titles that the student can click on and then get the other info. so that I don't have a "scroll of death" homepage that has all of the details for each section.  Here is what I have:Has title + description, don't want description to show on home page.

I want the home page to look nice and tidy with just section links, then when a student/parent clicks on the link they will see all of the information associated with that section.  So I still want to have this information, I just don't want it showing on my home page.  Hope this makes sense!

Thanks to everyone in advance for your time and help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elizabeth Tinius

Re: Help! How to do Topics format without any other info.

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Edit your course settings and use "topic format" and then under "course layout" use the drop down to select "show one section per page"

That should give you exactly what you want. 

In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Elizabeth Tinius -

I tried this and it didn't work....the description was still there, just not darkened.  Still made for an endless scroll. sad

by Just H -

Just selecting one topic per page doesn't help unless you take the information out of the topic summary (leave the summary blank) and put it in a label.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Just H

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Look at the Collapsed Topics course format plugin.  That will give you what you want.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Just H

by Elizabeth Tinius -

How do I do a label??  Will it show when they click on the section?  I'll try this too..

In reply to Just H

by Elizabeth Tinius -

Thank you!  I put the label it and it's perfect!!!  Thanks to all of you for your time and input!!  I'm a moodle newbie and it's just not my friend sometimes!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Elizabeth - we  at Moodle HQ are currently running a free online Moodle course for total and non technical beginner teachers - you might be interested in joining: https://learn.moodle.net