Creating own Quiz Method

Creating own Quiz Method

by Frank Hassani -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

i was wondering if its possible to create an own quiz method. The idea was to create a graphical table and the student has to select the right cell per table-row. Unclicked cells are white, correct clicks have green cell-background and wrong clicks create red cell-backgrounds. I can deliver hidden result variables as result of the quiz test.

Now i would need to know how to :

a) Connect the result variables to the grading engine

b) Connect it to the Page Jump options according to the result.

Can such custom quizzes by default be implemented in Moodle ? 

I have many assignment revision question ideas including VR stuff etc.

VAR-Correct | 6 of 6 (6/6) = 1

VAR-Wrong | 3 of 12 (3/12) = 0.25

Regards,

Frank

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Hassani

Re: Creating own Quiz Method

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Could you do a version of that Grid in English to make the meaning more clear to mono lingualists (or the British as we are sometimes rather sadly known).

What you are asking for is a custom question type.  That is something you would need to be a programmer to be able to do.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Side question - I have to know why you think it sad to be called British?  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ahh, the ambiguity of English is exposed (or my handling of it). The sadness was the monolinguality. Is that even a word?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, I understood what you meant so I am going with Yes! Or if not, it should be. big grin

In reply to Marcus Green

by AL Rachels -

Looks to me like he essentially wants something like your new word select question. If it allowed you to select multiple words, it probably would work.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Marcus Green -

I thought that Al, I even had a quick play. Unless or until it does the multiple word thing it would not be quite suitable. 

In reply to Marcus Green

by Frank Hassani -

thx for reply. Here it is :

Practice with or without grading:

Please reproduce the greater path, in terms of tax accounting, that our virtual bakery goes from idea to income.

• Click on one correct cell per row.
  • Wrong clicks turn red, correct clicks turn green

( cell click effect not active in this moodle forum example)

1. Discuss funding plan Find business partner Finance project
2. Wallpaper walls Procure machinery and equipment Design kitchen layout
3. Obtain raw material Select flour sort Research recipes
4. Preheat oven Deploy labor force Butter baking pan
5. Produce products Decorate cupcakes Clean kitchen
6. Create marketing plan Distribute products Recount exchange

Instant result status :

• Completion time : 1:12 (time counter)
  • Correct picks : 6 of 6, = Correct value = 1 (6/6)
  • Wrong picks : 3 of 12 = Wrong value = 0.25 (3/12)
  • Last result status is kept for your reference
  • Reset and re-start
In reply to Frank Hassani

by Marcus Green -

The short answer is that there is no quiz question type currently available in Moodle or as a 3rd party plugin that would do what you want. It would be possible to program something that does that and my code here

https://github.com/marcusgreen/moodle-qtype_wordselect

would be a reasonable place to find inspiration. However you would need a strong motivation, funding and or patience to create such a thing. To see the current state of play see my post here.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=337262