Change rating sheet weights

Change rating sheet weights

by mz login -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

is it possible to change the rating sheet weights and trigger recalculation of the points?

Currently we have the problem that after changing the weights only new ratings consider these new weights.

Thx,

Michael 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mz login

Re: Change rating sheet weights

by C Schaffner -

I have exactly the same problem. Does anybody know how to recalculate the submission grades after changing the weights?

In reply to mz login

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
  1. As a teacher, switch the Workshop into the Evaluation phase if it is not in it.
  2. You should see the button "Re-calculate grades".
  3. Press it and all the grades should be re-calculated using the new weights.
  4. Close the workshop to push the (potentially changed) grades into the course gradebook.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by C Schaffner -

Dear David,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. However, that is exactly what I have tried previously, but it does not seem to actually re-calculate the submission grades. I suspect that is because the "Re-calculate grades" button is under the section "Grading evaluation settings", so it only re-calculates the assessment grades?

I'm happy to provide you with more information in order for you to help me.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Chris

In reply to C Schaffner

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I see. Can you try to clear all aggregated grades first?

https://docs.moodle.org/en/Workshop_settings#Clear_all_aggregated_grades

There should a button for it at the bottom of the screen below the table.

Screenshot of the Workshop toolbox buttons

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by C Schaffner -

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your help. I have tried your suggestion, which did not seem to have an effect (and I was a bit afraid of losing some of the student assessment grades, but that did not happen. Maybe it could be indicated a bit more clearly).

However, I'm happy to report that I have been able to resolve the issue by changing the "Grade for submission" in the "Grading settings" of the workshop. That has the effect that all submission grades are (re-)scaled according to the this new maximal number of points, and apparently the new weights are taken into account as well.

Best regards,

Chris