text block on quiz-review page not displaying for students

text block on quiz-review page not displaying for students

by karl staudinger -
Number of replies: 5

hi everybody, i use moodle in german but hope to get help from the larger english moodle-community (i'll put this question in the german community as well)

i need to display a block aside to the quiz review page (like for instance on .../mod/quiz/review.php?attempt=184). on the permissions tab of the block managers and trainers (teachers) are allowed to add a block and to change settings, students are only allowed to view the block.

now the block does not show up for students on the quiz review page (e.g. .../mod/quiz/review.php?attempt=184). the block does show up for students if i set its location to "any quiz page" or "info page of quiz" ("jede Testseite" or "Informationsseite des Tests") on those locations.

if the block-location is set to "review attempt" (like .../mod/quiz/review.php?attempt=184) the block shows up only for trainers and managers but not for students. the code shows that the block only renders for trainers and managers, if an quiz review page is viewed by a student, the block just is not there.

looks like a bug to me, but maybe i missed something.

any help? thx in advance

karl

Average of ratings: -
In reply to karl staudinger

Re: text block on quiz-review page not displaying for students

by Guido Pinkernell -

Hi everyone,

I can confirm this behaviour with 3.0. Karl, have you seen any progress with this issue?

Thanks all, Guido

In reply to Guido Pinkernell

by karl staudinger -

hi guido, unfortunately you are the first to post an answer to my question. no i have not heard about any progress. maybe you want to follow my question to this topic in the german moodle forum here

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=337977 which hasn't received an answer so far either.

regards karl

In reply to karl staudinger

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Check the option Quiz settings -> Appearance -> Show more ... -> Show blocks during quiz attempts

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by karl staudinger -

thx tim. that's really buried deep under the surface.

regards, karl