request for: each assignment into student-named folder

request for: each assignment into student-named folder

by rob somer -
Number of replies: 0
This is a request for a postprocessing script to fix the way moodle downloads assignments.

This script should work on Linux so things like bash might be relevant tool. (sorry I am using Linux)
This is how Moodle does things currently.
 Say I have 2 students, username st1 and st2. They wrote a homework hwk1 which has 2 files, so each has hwk1p1.txt and hwk1p2.txt.
When teh teacher downloads the hwk1 zip (really 4 files, 2 from each students) it will look something like this: st1-hwk1p1.txt st1-hwk1p2.txt st2-hwk1p1.txt st2-hwk1p2.txt.

What I would like to have is this. I would like to have a postprocessor script that takes the files that Moodle geneerates and creates directory for each student named as username and the original files names unchanged.
In other words it would look like this after the processing. In the download dir there would be 2 dirs, st1 and st2 created. And in st1 I would see file hwk1p1.txt, hwk1p2.txt. In st2 I would file hwk1p1.txt, hwk1p2.txt.

The best solution would be if Moodle gave that option in the assignment download page.
But since there is no such option, I am asking for a script.

The script would take the moodle file names like st1_hwk1p1.txt. Create folder st1, and rename the file to hwk1p1.txt, and move it to directory st1. Similarly for the other files.
thank you
Average of ratings: -