Unable to access moodle externally

Unable to access moodle externally

by Jo Mulin -
Number of replies: 1

Hello, I have read everywhere but i cant seem to find a solution to my problem. I set up moodle from scratch on ubuntu. I can access it internally without a problem using the url in php.conf file. I have a public IP which has been mapped to the name of moodle site. I have created two records in the internal DNS both for internal IP and external IP of moodle site. When i try to access the moodle site externally i only go up to the apache page. i.e http//domain name/. However when i put moodle after the forward slash, it cannot load moodle. Yet when i put the same url and access internally it works fine. It is the same url being put in the php.conf under CFG. I dont know what i'm missing. Please help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jo Mulin

Re: Unable to access moodle externally

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you are accessing your apache page externally, then it sounds like the domain name is correctly set up.  You need to now point your apache server default to your moodle folder.  (Check /etc/apache2/sites-available/default)

Then you also need to check your moodle config.php and make sure that it is reflecting the domain name that you set up and not the internal ip.

What exact url are you using internally?  Just the domain name or with the /moodle?