Install Moodle version 3.1.1

Install Moodle version 3.1.1

by Paulo Viegas Paulo Viegas -
Number of replies: 3

When i try install this version and put the mysql configuration, show me this error message

Attachment Moodle Error.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paulo Viegas Paulo Viegas

Re: Install Moodle version 3.1.1

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It's telling you there is no php extensions for the support of Postgres DB.   In your config.php file you have

In the config-dist.php file one can see the database types supported IF there is a php extension enabled to support:

$CFG->dbtype    = 'pgsql';      // 'pgsql', 'mariadb', 'mysqli', 'mssql', 'sqlsrv' or 'oci'

If you were on a Linux machine, I'd ask you to do the following command:

php -m |grep pgsql

That command, if there are php extensions loaded for supporting PGSQL would respond with:

pdo_pgsql
pgsql

On whatever platform you are on, use whatever control panel, etc. you have access to see if those two are commented out of the php.ini file.    Or just look at your php.ini file to see if there are ";' in front of lines that would load those php extensions.

Enable them by removing the ';' in front.   Save the php.ini file.  Restart your web service ... (something else you've not shared here) and then try installing again.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paulo Viegas Paulo Viegas

Re: Install Moodle version 3.1.1

by Just H -

The short version reply cool: make sure your config is correct for the type of database you intend using i.e. your first sentence says "mysql" but the error is suggesting your config actually says PostgreSQL.

If you are actually intending to use a PostgreSQL database then see Ken's reply.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)