Re-use a set of grade categories in another course

Re-use a set of grade categories in another course

by Cris Fuhrman -
Number of replies: 0

I have twin courses with many activities. To make a long story short, I now need aggregates so that the grades are calculated according to the syllabus. I managed to achieve this using grading categories. It all works well. However, because of the number of aggregates and the tweaking of activity grades (multiplicators), the clicking took me 30 minutes.

Obviously, I'd like to re-use what I did in the course in the second -- that is, just the grading categories. My courses were clones of the same course, so apart from the user data, they are the same. 

I find more and more that clicking is hell in Moodle (it's slow, and is error prone, the UX is not intuitive, moving grades into categories is "hidden" at the bottom of the admin page in a drop-down menu that executes when you select the item, etc.). 

Is there a way to export just my grade book configuration from one course to the other? It's the end of the semester and I don't feel like taking risks. I went through the backup steps, but couldn't find a tick-box for just the grade book (or category) info.