Linking quiz to next activity

Linking quiz to next activity

by Reza Dan -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

Is there any way to link quiz to the next activity in Moodle 3.0?

Kind Regards,

Reza

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Reza Dan

Re: Linking quiz to next activity

by Mike Johnson -
I have the same question. Did you find a way to do this?
In reply to Mike Johnson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can use restrictions to make the next activity appear only when the quiz has been completed or passed with a certain score.

If you are looking for linking based on a particular answer, you need to investigate the Lesson activitiy.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mike Johnson -

Thanks, already doing those things.  Looking to have a button at the end of a quiz that once clicked, jumps right into the next lesson/activity, rather than having to go back to the outline and choose.  Preferably something that links dynamically.

In reply to Mike Johnson

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This has been asked a number of times in the past. You can achieve what you want by placing your button/URL link to the next activity in the quiz Overall Feedback. Just be aware that if you set up feedback for multiple grade boundaries, you will need your button/URL link in each one to make sure every student will see it.

If you have the Generico filter installed there are multiple filter bundles that can be used in the feedback to do what you want, plus some other things, too.

The simplest quickest to do is to paste the URL link of the next activity in the feedback and use some display text for the link such as, "Click here for next activity" or any other phrase you want to use.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Mike Johnson -

Thanks for the Generico suggestion.  I'll have to look into it more, but at first glance, it appears that like the feedback approach, this wouldn't be dynamic.  Hopefully my first impression is wrong.