Re-engagement: allow timed release and improve completion rates.

Re: Re-engagement: allow timed release and improve completion rates.

by Bill Wells -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Dan,

I like the plugin, thank you for your role in supporting it.

I would like to monitor whether a student has accessed a course, and send them a reminder if they have not.

Is this possible.

Yours 

Bill Wells

In reply to Bill Wells

by Patrick Walther -

Hi there,

is it possible to send a notification with this plugin if someone has completed a course?

Also is it possible to set a user attribute as receiver of the third party notification (e.g. email of superior)?

Thanks.

In reply to Patrick Walther

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

course completion notifications could be managed using the core Event_monitoring tool. Alternatively there are a few subscription tools that let you do some more powerful things like the tool_trigger plugin, but it's not something you can use the re-engagement activity for.

Unfortunately Moodle has no concept of a "Superior" for a user - so this isn't something that is part of the Moodle re-engagement plugin. 

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Patrick Walther -

Hi Dan,

thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to use a placeholder like %userinstitution% to store an emailadresse their and then use this placeholder for third party receipients? I know it would just be a workaround but maybe helpful in my case.

Also another question regarding the event trigger plugin.

When will this be ready for Moodle 3.6?

Thanks again

In reply to Patrick Walther

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

anything is possible with funding smile

the event trigger plugin should work fine with 3.6 but we don't have anyone actively using it on 3.6 yet so have not tested it ourselves.